Center Alignment for Toolbar Buttons

Moderators: Lynn, nwolf, jkruper, SAldinger, bbosley, awarnick

Center Alignment for Toolbar Buttons

Postby jook » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:21 pm

For the toolbar, I'd love to have the buttons be able to have a center alignment (currently you have left and right side controls but no center). I've had to get creative with spacing (adding a text control with nothing but a bunch of   entities) to get it looking how i want it but the spacing would differ between machines and it's just really hacky. We used to have this capability in the classic version if I remember correctly. I can't be the only one who would like it back. Thanks!
jook

Re: Center Alignment for Toolbar Buttons

Postby nwolf » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Apologies for the delay in response.

While we do not have a setting to center align all toolbar controls, you may be able to utilize our 'Evenly Space Controls' option.Follow the steps below to do so:

1. Add all your controls on one side (left OR right) via the docked toolbar editor
2. Click 'Advanced Toolbar Settings'
toolbarEditotr.png
toolbarEditotr.png (53.12 KiB) Viewed 28 times

3. Check the 'Evenly Space Controls' checkbox
EvenlySpace2.png
EvenlySpace2.png (69.89 KiB) Viewed 28 times

Configured as such, KioWare will evenly space your controls across the entire toolbar.
Nick Wolf
System Analyst
Kioware Kiosk Software
nwolf@kioware.com
nwolf

Re: Center Alignment for Toolbar Buttons

Postby SAldinger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:46 pm

If you are familiar with CSS attributes those can be applied to manually position or align the icons.
For example, if you have a button in the right-hand controls list and apply the following Additional Control Styles to that button it will start 300 pixels from the left edge of the toolbar.
Absolute_Position.PNG
Absolute_Position.PNG (18.7 KiB) Viewed 30 times

So if you have a toolbar in Classic you would want to replicate, you could use the absolute positioning on each of the buttons to match the Left offset from the KioWare Classic toolbar.
Shannon Aldinger
KioWare Support
support@kioware.com
+1 717 843-4790
877 843-4790 (Toll Free USA)
SAldinger
Support Team Member

Return to Lite / Basic / Full