How to uninstall

Moderators: Lynn, nwolf, jkruper, SAldinger, bbosley, awarnick

How to uninstall

Postby TomTom » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:16 am

Kindly help with the following problem:

I recently installed KioWare on an Android tablet. It does not work so well for my purpose, so I would like to uninstall it. The uninstall button is however greyed out in the KioWare entry of the apps list. Tried changing the home application as well as rebooting in save mode without success.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Thomas
TomTom

Re: How to uninstall

Postby nwolf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 am

Hi Thomas,

If the Uninstall button is grayed out, it simply means the application in question is set to have Device Administrator privileges. This is not unique to KioWare. Any Android application that has the capability to be granted Device Administrator privileges will behave like this. To uninstall the application, navigate to the Security section of the Android OS settings (not KioWare's config tool) and tap on 'Manage Device Administrators'. Uncheck the entry for KioWare and you will then be able to uninstall. Note that on newer versions of Android this is facilitated through an indicator on the application's Play Store entry which will take you to the Security section of settings mentioned above.
Nick Wolf
KioWare Support
nwolf@kioware.com
nwolf

Re: How to uninstall

Postby TomTom » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. It even works, when you uncheck "Device Administrator" in the KioWare config tool.

Thomas
TomTom

Return to Lite / Basic / Full